Yay for the holiday! This is one of those rare occasions that I get to sleep longer and wake up to prepare quality breakfast. Thankfully, French Toasts are really fuss free alternatives to pancakes, since I was craving for one. I just wish I had fresh fruits on hand! The site where I got this recipe from looked enticing with all the berries on the side of her plate. Delish! But oh well, this will do for now!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 thick slices bread
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F or or heat a skillet over medium heat. Grease well with butter.
- Add all ingredients, except the bread, to a blender or to a shallow dish and whisk well to combine. If whisking by hand, it's okay if the flour doesn't mix in completely smooth.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture, dredging them well on both sides, and place on hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes, until the bottom of the breads starts to get golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side the same.
- Remove to a plate. Serve warm, with syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.