Hellooooo, sweater weather!
Two causes for a celebration!
I made my dad’s blog site work! I have been toiling all morning to fix his new domain and it took me quite awhile to figure things out (more like four hours). Since I have more time in my hands the past few days, I have been experimenting and teaching myself how to do new things. One of my latest contributions to my accomplishment collection is the ability to put up a site via wordpress.org (aka ramosontheroad.com). Recently, I was able to replace a bulb in our lighting fixture that went kaput! (yay haha small sources of joy). And, last but not the least, one of my biggest proud moments is being able to bake a cake (a rather small one haha)!
I eternally suck at baking, mainly because I really do not have patience in following instructions to a tee. But, I guess (and I hope) that will all change starting today when I created my first mug cake! SO THAT IS CAUSE FOR A CELEBRATION REASON NUMBER TWO.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- Butter the inside of a mug, or prepare with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter by microwaving it for about 50-60 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the chocolate chips. Microwave the chocolate and butter mixture in 10-second increments, stirring the mixture every 10 seconds, until combined.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool for about 30 seconds. Add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the mug(s). Make sure you do not fill the mug more than halfway, or it will overflow in the microwave.
- Microwave the mug cake for 60-90 seconds. When you mug cake is done the top will appear dry, and it will be springy but firm. If you are using 2 smaller 8-ounce mugs, cook them for 30-50 seconds.
And, some snippets from the weekend! since I have not been posting.
- We went to a Toy Con! and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! HURRAY!
- My dad posing with some zombies at the convention.
- Some of the toys on display!
- Andre, Lloyd (Andre’s best friend) and I taking a night cap in Starbucks last Saturday, after attending one of their friend’s celebratory dinner for passing the bar exam.
- Still from Starbucks. That was interesting night though, the rains poured as we exchanged the most random of conversations.
- Our drinks! I took a photo for the baristas rarely get my name right.
- My glasses haha I have no idea why I took a photo of that, perhaps I was feeling artsy (cringe).
- Hihi hello from this sweet lady (aka mom of bar passer and host of dinner) whom I met at the party. She happens to be my mom’s batchmate from high school. I was truly floored at her amusement when she saw me, it may have been a blast from the past for her…and I as well. IT’S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!
- Sunday driving with my husband! we were on our way to church.
- Honorary selfie with Andre. We looked like a carrot that day! I was wearing a green cardigan and he was doning his orange hypebeast jacket.
- Honorary selfie 2
- Honorary selfie 3 (boy, we are on a roll here!)
- Hello from the vegetable basket! my dad wore violet that day and I referred to him as the eggplant of the group.
Sorry for the lomo effect of the photos! I just discovered a new app and went crazy! 🤪 click, click, click.